A trustee does not make health care decisions other than approving the payment of a medical bill. A special health care power of attorney must be made under Florida law giving a person or entity power to give instructions to doctors or other health care providers on behalf of an individual when that individual is unable to do so on their own. This is not the same powers as a living will, which directs health care providers regarding life support decisions.

The decision to make a trust, health care proxy or a living will should be discussed with an experienced Miami probate and estate attorney. If you wish to speak to a Miami estate attorney, call the Law Offices of Albert Gurevich at (786) 522-1411.